Monday, August 25, 2008

An early start this morning - got up at 6am when Jet bounced on me while I was sleeping. Oh the joys of having dogs :-)

Had a productive weekend although I didn't do anything on Saturday except finish my needleroll piece. That is now ready to be posted to my partner for the exchange.

D spent the day at Kemsley Light Railway. I should have used the day productively but well I didn't :-) I caught up on sleep..

Ack just had to move the living room chair. Amycat is playing with her playmouse and somehow batted it under the chair. Ooops now she is annoying Ollie by jumping on the chair where he is sleeping, patting him and jumping off. She'll get battered by him if she isn't careful, then Jet will want to join in. Oh fun and games lol!!

Sunday was spent pottering in the morning and then D and I watched the closing ceremony of the Olympics. I will admit I got quite emotional, especially when they handed the flag over to our Mayor of London - Boris Johnson. I also sniffed when the flame went out. Gods I'm getting sofe in my old age!!

After watching the party in London, on the t.v. I persuaded D to book tickets to go and see We Will Rock You in London for next month. Got a good deal on the tickets too, so that pleased him. He has been wanting to see this since it came to London 7 years ago. I just haven't been able to face London - well I thought I would bite the bullet so to speak. This will be my first trip to a show since 10 years ago - oooh scary!! I haven't been on a train for over 15 years - ooh that should be fun!. Still it will be worth it to see the concert, and D will be happy. That's the main thing :-)

Then in the evening D and I sat and watched "The Simpsons Movie" on one of the movie channels. We laughed all the way through.

Monday was a Bank Holiday here in UK and it was a typical Bank Holiday - iffy weather!!

N spent the day with us as it was her wedding anniversary and I didn't want her to spend it on her own. She would have only sat at home brooding on why her marriage ended with no warning last year. So she came to us instead.

I must admit I spent a manic couple of hours in the morning tidying and cleaning the house before I picked her up at midday. I was shattered before the day had even started :-)

Picked N up at midday, went to Asda for the potatoes I somehow forgot to get with the shopping Friday evening. Dropped D's prescription off and then come home to two bouncy dogs and a nice clean and tidy house. Although it didn't last as D clumped in grass from where he had been cutting grass outside, and the dogs took all their toys out of their box, and bedding, and just proceeded to make a mess everywhere. Why do I bother :-)

After a late lunch of homemade fish pie, we settled down to watch our Olympic athletes arrive home on the t.v. It was emotional watching, especially when they all posed for a photo wearing their medals. Team GB had got 47 medals - it was the most we had got in a fair while. Now we until 2012 to get our athletes to top form to beat this when we host the next Olympics.

Drove N home at about 6.30pm, stayed for a chat and a cuppa and got home just before 9pm.

D and I both had a reasonably early night as we were shattered, plus he had to get up for work at 4.45am in the morning - ugh!!

Have to make some of my cherry cookies today as D will be taking them into work tomorrow. So think I shall make some wholemeal rolls too, as the breadmaker is still out and the oven will be in use.

Must remember to defrost some stewing steak for tomorrow. I fancy making a steak and ale pie for tea tomorrow. Might also make a coconut cake seeing as the oven will be on today. Oooh I have sultanas in stock, might add some of them too :-)

Have a couple of loads of washing to do, plus some ironing that needs doing today.

Just watched Mrs Dove have her morning bath :-) She looked like she was having fun.

Oh all the birds have scattered - I think next doors cats have been let for the day. That'll please Olliecat. He has taken a dislike to all 3 of them for some reason. He'll be sitting indoors behind the babygate making his presence known. Smudge doesn't mind them and Amycat just stays away from the door. She likes to watch them from the back bedroom windowsill.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...